VMware {code} Community
Flying_Cat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to redeploy plugin UI(based on new HTML seed projects) for fast development in plugin mode

Hi laurentsd, when I want to redeploy plugin UI(based on new HTML seed projects) for fast development in plugin mode, I use the manual way to refresh the plugin UI. Simply do :

cd tools

./deploy-war.bat

Then rebuilds the plugin .war file successfully and copies it to the Virgo pickup directory at <SDK_HOME>/vsphere-ui/server/pickup/ .

But I get errors when I track the redeploy in the Virgo console like this:

[2017-04-10T17:08:44.003+08:00] [INFO ] fs-watcher               <HD0001I> Hot deployer processing 'CREATED' event for file 'vsi-ui-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.war'.                                                         

[2017-04-10T17:08:44.032+08:00] [ERROR] fs-watcher            <HD0002E> Hot deploy failed for file 'vsi-ui-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.war'. org.eclipse.virgo.nano.deployer.api.core.DeploymentException: The artifact bundle 'com.emc.vsi.vsi-ui' version '1.0.0' in scope 'null' at URI 'file:/C:/Users/gengp1/Work/vSphere6.5/HTML-C~1/VSPHER~1/server/pickup/vsi-ui-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.war' cannot be stored in the runtime artifact model as it clashes with the artifact bundle 'com.emc.vsi.vsi-ui' version '1.0.0' in scope 'null' which is already present.                                                                                     at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.doInstall(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:179)                   

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.install(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:140)                     

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.deploy(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:253)                      

at org.eclipse.virgo.nano.deployer.hot.HotDeploymentFileSystemListener.deploy(HotDeployerFileSystemListener.java:225)                              

at org.eclipse.virgo.nano.deployer.hot.HotDeploymentFileSystemListener.onChange(HotDeployerFileSystemListener.java:79)                             

at org.eclipse.virgo.util.io.FileSystemChecker.notifyListeners(FileSystemChecker.java:380)                                                         

at org.eclipse.virgo.util.io.FileSystemChecker.check(FileSystemChecker.java:289)                                                                   

at org.eclipse.virgo.nano.deployer.hot.WatchTask.run(WatchTask.java:49)                                                                            

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)                                                                                                           

Caused by: org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.model.DuplicateFileNameException: The artifact bundle 'com.emc.vsi.vsi-ui' version '1.0.0' in scope 'null' at URI

'file:/C:/Users/gengp1/Work/vSphere6.5/HTML-C~1/VSPHER~1/server/pickup/vsi-ui-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.war' cannot be stored in the runtime artifact model as it clashe

s with the artifact bundle 'com.emc.vsi.vsi-ui' version '1.0.0' in scope 'null' which is already present.                                                  

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.model.internal.StandardRuntimeArtifactModel.checkFileName(StandardRuntimeArtifactModel.java:100)              

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.model.internal.StandardRuntimeArtifactModel.add(StandardRuntimeArtifactModel.java:78)                         

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.addGraphToModel(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:303)             

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.doInstall(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:174)                   

... 8 common frames omitted

I have already set the attribute 'scope' equals to 'global' in plugin-package.xml, and packaged needed UI and Java bundles with it in <SDK_HOME>/vsphere-ui/plugin-packages/ for starting our plugin in Virgo server. I check the manifest file in UI bundle has the correct version '1.0.0', what does the error mean? (I use the HTML CLient SDK Fling 9)

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Great. Thanks for the update.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If your server/pickup directory empty (other than your plugin bundles) it must because the following flag is missing in webclient.properties:

pickup.deployer=true

Let me know if this solves your problem and I'll update the documentation!

0 Kudos
Flying_Cat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi laurentsd​, as you said, I set the flag 'pickup.deployer=true' in webclient.properties, and I see the hot deployer processing for our plugin UI is successful, just like this:

1.PNG

But after I re-login the vSphere Client, I don't see any our plugin UI in it which means our plugin UI is missing. For instance, I do some UI changes in Administration -> Settings(just like the seed-ui project to get client id for us), and the vSphere Client reports this error:

2.PNG

And I can see our plugin is installed on vSphere Client:

3.PNG

After that I check some log files for this issue, such as plugin-medic.log, eventlog.log and vsphere_client_virgo.log. And I only find an error in plugin-medic.log like this:

[2017-04-12T10:36:15.782+08:00] [ERROR] [com.emc.vsi.plugin:8.0.0.1] The plugin is deployed with OSGi isolation disabled ('scope="global"' is specified in "plugin-package.xml"). The plugin's scope is set to "global"

but no useful error messages in vsphere_client_virgo.log...

What's the root cause of this issue for cannot refresh plugin UI?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you attach the while virgo log?

0 Kudos
Flying_Cat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi laurentsd​, I just attached the virgo log here.

0 Kudos
Flying_Cat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi laurentsd​, I have resolved this issue after I changed another vCenter for developing, because the previous vCenter is 6.0, and the new one is 6.5. I guess this make the issue.

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Great. Thanks for the update.

0 Kudos