VMware Horizon Community
szilagyic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

ThinPrint and persistent Default printer in Windows 10

Hello:

We are currently using Windows 10 for our thin client machines, with the Horizon Client.  We are also using ThinPrint to pass printers from the thin client to the VM.  This works great other than the default printer that the user selects in their VM.  Every time they logout and login, the default printer in their VM is switched back to the top one in the list which is usually a network mapped printer that is direct and not a ThinPrint printer.  When they select the correct ThinPrint printer in the list and set it as default, it is good until they logout and login, then the default is changed back to the network mapped printer.  I believe it might be because it takes several seconds (up to 20 seconds or so) for ThinPrint to populate the printers in the list.  I think Windows is setting the default because the ThinPrint printers are not there during logon at first.

How can we get the default printer the user selects to be persistent?  I have been looking at it from the ThinPrint side of things and so far no luck.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
0 Replies