Contributor
Contributor

access denaied

0 Kudos
7 Replies
kathiravanm
Contributor
Contributor

when i am try to few commeds in puty and i found that permission denied .

0 Kudos
RJB3ST
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

Can you provide more details as the post is very generic.

• What are you trying to putty too, is it a host or your vCenter? Is SSH enabled on the target?

• Are you using the root account? or administrator@vsphere.local? or a domain account? (Depending on what you are accessing)

• If its a vCenter, have you enabled the bash shell access and then launched shell, doing that via the following commands below:

shell.set --enabled True

shell

Please note this gives you higher access than the basic appliance shell you get when you first login, so be very careful! If you aren't sure of the commands you are running, then do a           little research beforehand as you don't wanna be typing in unknown commands.

• What commands are you trying to run?

Kind Regards,

RJ

Eric_Allione
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

First you need to set up permissions using the root vsphere.local account using the Web Client, and then go to Global Configuration and associate roles with the identity group you've added, such as administrator.

As RJ said, you would also need to have your shell access enabled. I do this under the Configuration tab of the host, going to Security Profile, and then changing the properties of Services.

0 Kudos
kathiravanm
Contributor
Contributor

thx and i will try to use following which you given above instrauction and let u know .

0 Kudos
kathiravanm
Contributor
Contributor

Hello sir ,

please find below attachment that i found when i tryed the cmds in putty .

0 Kudos
Eric_Allione
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is your question based solely on the Hands-on-Labs environment? That is a pod with extremely specialized networking technology and perhaps you just aren't using it for it's intended purpose. I'm not sure exactly how it's built (you just inspired me to ask that as a standalone question) but ssh functionality might not be built into it. If you want to access a VM, then right-clicking it and opening the console should do the trick.

I just went through that whole lab you pictured and did not see one single suggesting that I attempt to use ssh anywhere.

0 Kudos
RJB3ST
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just like Eric said the Hands-on-Labs environments are built to follow a guide that is provided to you, if it doesn't say SSH to the host then you don't need to.

Having a quick browse through the guide I see no credentials for the hosts themselves, so without these you wouldn't be able to logon to them.

The only way you might be able to logon is if another guide gives you the root password and they are the same across the labs, otherwise the answer is no you won't be able to SSH to a host!