VMware Cloud Community
vin01
Expert
Expert

snapshot info

Hi

can someone help me on this script.

1.while fetching the size of the snapshot again I am issuing command (get-snapshot) that's wrong i am assuming.I already given virtual machine properties (Name,snapshot) while using get-view so how to get size of snap correctly with same get-view.

2. Required user info(Who created snapshot) I am working with get-view taskmanager but failing to fetch user details. Please add the code to get user info with in this script.

$allvcenterservers = 'vcenter1','vcenter2'

$CurrentDate = Get-Date -Format 'MM-dd-yyyy_hh-mm-ss'

$csvFiles = @()

foreach($vcenterserver in $allvcenterservers){

$snapreport = @()

Connect-VIServer -Server $vcenterserver -User admin -Password supersceret |Out-Null

$snapreport+=Get-View -ViewType VirtualMachine -Filter @{"Snapshot"="VMware.Vim.VirtualMachineSnapshotInfo"} -Server $vcenterserver -Property Name,snapshot  | % {

$vmname = $_.Name

(Get-View -Id $_.MoRef -Property Snapshot).Snapshot.RootSnapshotList |Select-Object @{N="Vcenterserver";E={$vcenterserver}},

@{N="VM";E={$vmname}},

@{N="SnapshotName";E={$_.Name}},

@{N="SnapshotCreated Date";E={$_.CreateTime}},

@{N="Snap Description";E={$_.Description}},

@{N="Snap Size";E={(Get-Snapshot -Name $_.Name -VM $vmname).SizeGB}} 

}  

if($snapreport.Count -ne 0){

$filename = "C:\snapreport-on-$($vcenterserver)-$($CurrentDate).csv"

$csvFiles += $filename

$snapreport |Export-Csv -Path $filename -NoTypeInformation -NoClobber -UseCulture

}

}

Send-MailMessage -From "testuser@vmware.com" -To "testuser@vmware.com" -Subject "vms which contains snapshots on $($allvcenterservers)" ` -Body "The attachment contains all the vms which contains snapshots on $($allvcenterservers)" ` -Attachments $csvFiles -SmtpServer 'testsmpt.vmware.com'

Regards Vineeth.K
0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

To find the user that created a snapshot, you will have to find the Task that created the snapshot.

There is an example in Alan's SnapReminder script.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
vin01
Expert
Expert

Thanks LucD. I will Try it.

Can you please correct me on Size of the snapshot

1.while fetching the size of the snapshot again I am issuing command (get-snapshot) that's wrong i am assuming.I already given virtual machine properties (Name,snapshot) while using get-view so how to get size of snap correctly with same get-view.

@{N="Snap Size";E={(Get-Snapshot -Name $_.Name -VM $vmname).SizeGB}}

Regards Vineeth.K
0 Kudos