I had this issue and it ended up being licensed based.
In short I had entered an essential license before installing vcenter on the same esxi host.
So i just removed the license and it installed flawlessly.
Added them to the vCenter with its license and recuperated the essential license for another test server :-)
Reading these posts guided me in the right direction!
Great. I had the same issue and tried different approaches.
Reading your comment I got the idea to change the date of my ESXi host and windows machine to 2018 and it solved the issue, and set the dates back after the installation.
wow. it worked.