Make sure your inputs are correct: ((POSSIBLE TROUBLESHOOTING OPTIONS))
1. The credential got rights to join the domain "The account you are using to join the domain is a domain admin account"
2 . Check User Principal Name (UPN) "It Might be turned out to be incorrect UPN"
3. Verify the OU location "The OU format you input is valid"
4. NetBIOS name "Check if your NetBIOS Domain name contain CAP/lowercase letters"
5. Check identity source "Active Directory (Integrated Windows Authentication)" or 'Active Directory as an LDAP Server'
A. Try to reboot the appliance and let it sit for a while
B. Try 'Active Directory as an LDAP Server' -. to add an AD domain as an identity source
6. Check the time "time sync issue bet hosts/appliance & AD DC"
7. Try PowerCLI to join the domain LINK: https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2118543
8. Check DNS beforehand "Create the A / PTR record for VCSA"
9. Check AD DC "Verify that smb1 feature was installed on the domain controllers ROLE"
10. Try to use vSphere Web Client to join AD DC "System Configuration >> Manage >> Active Directory"
VMware VDI Administrator
The service account I am using has read only permission on the domain. Must be a domain admin?
If this is a lab, try the domain admin account "Built-in account for administering the computer/domain" not recommend it for production but if that works then you already know that you have a credential's issue. Also try this link: