VMware Cloud Community
jcossota
Contributor
Contributor

Custom group memberships resetting in vROps 6.5?

Coming across a problem where after I create a custom group, set the criteria, etc. I hit preview and verify the results are satisfactory, then save the group.  I can then open the summary tab and related info for that group like any other object, and view the VM members.  However, after a few minutes, all object memberships clear out and the only way to show them in the group again is to edit the group, make a small change (like a space in the title and delete it) and they return for a brief period.

vrops-groupissue1.jpg

vrops-groupissue2.jpg

This doesn't happen to all of them, I have created some that work fine.  I have even tried cloning these to no avail.

Anyone else run into this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulFreedman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

jcossota​ I have just noticed this happening as well, I have a policy to exclude VM alerts that have applied to multiple groups that were previously created in 6.3/4 but noticed since upgrading we were receiving alerts.

Looking at my Groups its only affecting groups with an object type of Department, my Function groups still retained its objects. I have recreated one of my groups as Function and it seems to have resolved the issue. I've also raised with support.

pastedImage_0.png

Edit: -  Looks like my newly created Function Type group has also now lost its objects but my original function group still has all of its objects :smileyconfused:

0 Kudos
jmcintyseachi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had this same issue, ended up opening a case with VMware, they pointed me at a hotfix that I had to download from their FTP site.

0 Kudos