VMware Communities
markrice1867
Contributor
Contributor

WMWare workstation pro 15.5.4 seems to cause my Windows 7 laptop to freeze up

I am running VMware Workstation Pro 12.5.4 build-5192485 on a Lenovo W541 laptop with Windows 7 Professional (Service pack 1) O/S.

I have 32 GB internal memory, with 24GB reserved for VMWare images. The images I run use no more than  16GB memory. Very often my laptop becomes so slow as to e non responsive. Usually this happens after the VMWare image had bee running for an hour or more.

has anyone any idea as to what the issue could be?  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gimmely
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

First of all, my host is the same as yours.

But, what is "24GB reserved for VMWare images" exactly?  24GB for each guest or all guests?  How many guests do you have on this host and how many guests do you run at the same time?  Similarly, for "(t)he images I run use no more than 16GB memory", what do host/guest(s) look like at that time?  Have all guests been updated?

Also, is your host on an intranet, meaning it'd receive update(s) pushed down at certain time of the day?

0 Kudos
markrice1867
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks very much for your reply...

24 GB is the Memory setting in the Preferences option from the drop down menu.

16 GB is the memory I have in each individual VMWare image I run.

I never run more than one image at a time

My Laptop has 32 GB memory

My host in on an internet, yes.

Since the last message I have downgraded to version 11.1.4. But i am still getting the same problem.

I am now changing the memory setting in the VMWare preferences to "Fit all virtual machine memory into reserved host ram". i will test this tomorrow... 

0 Kudos