VMware Edu & Cert Community
jsprinkleISG
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Recertification by earning a new VCP in a different solution track - version requirement?

Hi,

Is there a version requirement for recertification by earning a new VCP in a different solution track?

I earned VCP7-DTM on 2016-Nov-04. Then I earned VCP6-DCV on 2017-Jan-20. So, I expected the expiration date for my VCP7-DTM would be updated to 2019-Jan-20.

...But the expiration didn't update - it still shows as 2018-Nov-04.

According to the VCP Recertification Policy, one of the three ways to recertify is to "Earn a new VCP certification in a different solution track." Pretty clear, I think.

I opened a case to ask about this, and they seem to be telling me that a VCP6 doesn't recertify a VCP7 because of the lesser version number. Is this correct? If so, why doesn't the VCP Recertification Policy make this clear?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

I sent this over to our Certification Support team and they're looking into it for you. The VCP6-DCV should have triggered a new date for your DTM. They're going to investigate and reach out to you.

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1

View solution in original post

4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I'm surprised by that - VCP7 is the latest/current DTM available, and VCP6 is the latest/current DCV, so this seems like an odd implementation of the policy.

I will check with my contacts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

I sent this over to our Certification Support team and they're looking into it for you. The VCP6-DCV should have triggered a new date for your DTM. They're going to investigate and reach out to you.

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1
jsprinkleISG
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks..

I imagine it didn't trigger because the logic didn't account for my VCP7-DTM being entered into the system after my VCP6-DCV went in. I earned the VCP7-DTM by taking the beta exam, which means a lengthy delay before pass/fail status is determined.

Certification Support has let me know they're looking into it.

0 Kudos
jsprinkleISG
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

They have updated and corrected my VCP7-DTM certification expiration date to match the rest of my VCP certifications.