VMware Horizon Community
amarsden
Contributor
Contributor

USb Body Cam - like GoPro - secure storage - not Working

OK - maybe not an App Vols things, but there is reason for posting here.

We have a Body Cam - the sort of thing you are seeing on Police, Bailiffs, teachers and First Line Help Desk Support Staff.

It gets plugged in.  A PIN is then entered and you can then see the files as if it were a normal memory device.

On our PCs we use for Provisioning this works fine.  The standard MS drivers are used and I can see stuff.

On the end Virtual PC I see no files.  Drive is shown as "No Media" in Diskpart

The drivers appear not to be totally happy.  After the first step, before the PIN is entered it fails to find driver for "AMBA Simple Class" - but this then seems to work after the PIN is entered and the device appears with a drive letter.

I created a Stack with this, just plugging in the device, entering PIN, then ending provisioning.  The capture PC worked fine. I could see files.  But even after apply the stack to a VM it still fails.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

ACM

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

First, drivers are not supported in an appstack, you would need to install these in the golden image. Software can than be provisoned in an appstack.

Second, my guess is the info is stored in the Appdata or HKCU of the appstack. Appstack don't record this information and thus, afetr you attach it to a VDI machine it won't see the information.

The fact that it does work on your package machine does point in this direction.

amarsden
Contributor
Contributor

Cheers - we've been given conflicting info about drivers in stacks, but have found that if you do put them in, and only connect the device when PC has started it works.

I'll run the app whilst in a UEM capture session -see if anything is written to the registry.  But I would have thought if this was the case then it would work when running on our VMs as a full admin

Cheers

ACM

0 Kudos