VMware Horizon Community
john_its
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Horizon clients disconnects upon connection server restart

Hello,

I was wondering if someone has a solution or a workaround for this issue.

When we restart our connection server the users that initiated a connection through this server gets disconnected.

They get a pop-up message with the only option to choose be an  "OK" button.

Once they click on it, they get disconnected.

However, if they do not press the ok, the connection to the VM will continue to be live and properly working.

Unfortunately, not all of our users are "flexible" enough to do this, and this is an issue no matter how one sees it.

If someone has any ideas that would be very helpful.

Thanks

Ioannis.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RalphBethke
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

as you have not provided any specifics about your Horizon View setup, I need to take some assumptions here.

I assume that you have a Horizon View environment running multiple (at least 2) connection servers which run behind a load-balancer.

Furthermore I assume that you Horizon View clients are all connecting from within the corporate network, no external use cases here (e.g. you are NOT utilizing security server or access point),

If the above is true, I assume that you have one or more secure tunnel/secure gateway functions activated within your connection server configuration.

Most-likely this will be caused by the "secure tunnel" function. Secure tunnel is used to encapsulate TCP protocols like RDP, MMR and the client framework channel. If you are NOT using nor relying on any of those (e.g. you just use direct PCoIP connection from the access device running horizon client to the VM running horizon view agent), you might want to disable all three options (secure tunnel, PCoIP secure gateway, blast secure gateway) within your connection server configuration.

To do so, login to Horizon View admin, go to "View Configuration / Server", change to the "Connection servers" tab. Edit the settings of your connection servers and disable the three options in questions (uncheck the check boxes like shown in the screenshot below). Do this for all connection servers in question.

pastedImage_0.png

Best regards

Ralph

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RalphBethke
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

as you have not provided any specifics about your Horizon View setup, I need to take some assumptions here.

I assume that you have a Horizon View environment running multiple (at least 2) connection servers which run behind a load-balancer.

Furthermore I assume that you Horizon View clients are all connecting from within the corporate network, no external use cases here (e.g. you are NOT utilizing security server or access point),

If the above is true, I assume that you have one or more secure tunnel/secure gateway functions activated within your connection server configuration.

Most-likely this will be caused by the "secure tunnel" function. Secure tunnel is used to encapsulate TCP protocols like RDP, MMR and the client framework channel. If you are NOT using nor relying on any of those (e.g. you just use direct PCoIP connection from the access device running horizon client to the VM running horizon view agent), you might want to disable all three options (secure tunnel, PCoIP secure gateway, blast secure gateway) within your connection server configuration.

To do so, login to Horizon View admin, go to "View Configuration / Server", change to the "Connection servers" tab. Edit the settings of your connection servers and disable the three options in questions (uncheck the check boxes like shown in the screenshot below). Do this for all connection servers in question.

pastedImage_0.png

Best regards

Ralph

0 Kudos
john_its
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks, Ralph,

You were right on both to guess the setup (my bad I didn't mention anything) and the change in the settings of the Connection server. It worked perfectly.

0 Kudos