VMware Cloud Community
vBahubali
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCloud Director 8.20 Client integration Plugin & VM Import

Hello,

We are doing testing with vCloud Director 8.20 as part of our preparation to deployment in Prod Environment. Version information for components are provided below:

vCloud Director: 8.20

NSX: 6.2.5

vSphere: 6.0 U2

As of now i am facing couple of issues and wanted to know if other also came across this kind of issues

Issue1: When i try to import a virtual machine from vSphere into an existing vApp. I always get error "Class Java.lang.NullPointerException". I have tried different both chrome/Mozilla 32/64bit.

Issue2: I am looking for Client integration plugin for vCloud Director that will allow me to upload OVF/OVA/Media to vCloud Director catalog / Add vApp from OVA/OVF.

With chrome i always get error : Unknown Option: 'vCDBrowserType'

pastedImage_2.png

When i try to install CIP version 5.6 it never progress and gets stuck at below screen. I rebooted system multiple times but still does not work. Not sure if this CIP version will work as 8.20 is not listed in article

Download and Install the vCloud Director Client Integration Plug-In (2145401) | VMware KB

pastedImage_3.png

With Firefox I always get message to install CIP. I already installed CIP 6.2 available at below mentioned link. Even though i am not sure if it will work with 8.20 vCD version as this version is not listed

Download and Install the vCloud Director Client Integration Plug-In (2145401) | VMware KB

I tried following below mentione KB article but it didnt help

After updating Mozilla Firefox to Version 39 or later, VMware vSphere Web Client Integration Plugin ...

NOTE: I have tried with both 32 bit and 64 bit browser of Chrome/Firefox

Anyone encountered these issues. Any plan by VMware to release CIP for 8.20 or existing one expected to work.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vBahubali
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have confirmation from VMware regarding issue 1 on my support request that its a bug and they shared new build of vCloud director installation to fix it. I have tested the new build and issue1 resolved and import works fine.

Regarding second Issue VMware updated KB article on 28th march 2017 to include vCD 8.20 in supported list and after that CIP download and install worked for me. I am not sure if they made changes in exe when they updated KB article

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amnzld
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Issue1: When i try to import a virtual machine from vSphere into an existing vApp. I always get error "Class Java.lang.NullPointerException". I have tried different both chrome/Mozilla 32/64bit.

Yes, I got the same issue. As a workaround, you can import machine in new vAPP and the move to old vAPP.

0 Kudos
vBahubali
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have confirmation from VMware regarding issue 1 on my support request that its a bug and they shared new build of vCloud director installation to fix it. I have tested the new build and issue1 resolved and import works fine.

Regarding second Issue VMware updated KB article on 28th march 2017 to include vCD 8.20 in supported list and after that CIP download and install worked for me. I am not sure if they made changes in exe when they updated KB article

0 Kudos
mbockelbrink
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello vBahubali,

i get the same error in our fresh vCloud Director 8.0 envoronment. Can please give me your support number for the issue so that i can link your ticket to get the new version?

Thank you

Bye

Marco

0 Kudos