VMware Horizon Community
shivamp
Contributor
Contributor

ADMX Browser Policies Error

Good Afternoon all,

Coming across an issue trying to set the Site-to-Zone Assignment Lists within Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Internet Control Panel > Security Page

The following settings are set:

• Internet Zone Template - Disabled
  • Locked-Down Trusted Sites Zone Template - Disabled
  • Restricted Sites Zone Template - Disabled

I am unable to set the Site-to-Zone Assignment List. We receive the following error:

pastedImage_2.png

I have also tried setting this with the other policies mentioned above set to "Not Confgured" and still receive the same error.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Pim_van_de_Vis

Hi,

This is caused because these specific GPO's don't simply set registry keus and values, but run code; so called Group Policy Extensions.

It's nearly impossible for UEM to mimic and support this behavior, that's why UEM does not support these specific GPO settings and we log: (policy contains unsupported settings) as you can see in the screenshot.

Best workaround is to use regular Active Directory GPO's for these specific settings. All other User GPO settings can still be configured using UEM.

0 Kudos
NelsonCandela
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi shivamp,

as I ran into the exact same issue I worked around it with some profile modification.

This is how I did it:

For the creation of a new Golden Master image I created a new local administrator profile UEMConfig on the 2012 R2 RDSH machine, logged on with this newly created profile, did all the maintenance and cleaning of the profile and logged off.

After that I logged on as the original Administrator.

Here I used the tool DefProf (Link: ForensiT Free Downloads) to have all those settings from this newly created user account UEMConfig be copied over to the default user profile. That means that every new user, that logs on to the machine, will get the default settings of the previously modified profile which includes my extended IE settings and many more. When the copying is done you can even remove the newly created account.

This is how I got things working. Didn't take too long and was very easy.

BR

NC

0 Kudos