VMware Edu & Cert Community
dsohayda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCP-DCV Renewal Guidance

I currently hold the VMware Certified Professional 6 - Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV) which expires in 6 months.

Since the 6.5 exams are not yet available (from what I can tell - the beta closed in February), what are my options?

The requirements page outlines 2 tracks for currently certified users, but both basically tell you to take the VCP6-DCV exam. :smileyconfused:

I thought one route would be to focus on a different track like NSX or Cloud Management, but I'm not sure and don't want to assume.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can't retake the exact same exam, but the 6.5 exams should be out before your 6 months are done.

Your other options are to go for a VCP in another solution area, or go up to a VCAP - as mentioned here: Recertification Policy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

8 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can't retake the exact same exam, but the 6.5 exams should be out before your 6 months are done.

Your other options are to go for a VCP in another solution area, or go up to a VCAP - as mentioned here: Recertification Policy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
dsohayda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ah, that's what I was looking for. Thanks

Is there an estimated date for when the 6.5 DCV will be available?

I know I have 6 months, but I want to figure out if spending 6 months preparing for the VCP-NV is a better idea than waiting a few months and feeling rushed preparing for the 6.5 DCV.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

No dates that I've seen.

Keep an eye on this page (the "Beta Exam Status" tab) and this blog.

0 Kudos
Shbagautdinov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have got the same situation as dsohayda.

Which exam I should to pass?

This one: 2V0-621 VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Delta Exam VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Delta Exam ?

Or I may pass 2V0-621D VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Delta Exam VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Delta Exam ?

Delta exam contains only 65 questions.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you confirm which is your most recent VCP, and which exam(s) you passed to achieve it.

0 Kudos
Shbagautdinov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

My most recent exam was 2V0-621D VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Delta Exam 12.png

Thank you for prompt reply 😃

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The simplest option is Path 1 on this page: VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization

This is a new exam - pass it before October 21st, and you would achieve the VCP6.5-DCV, as well as recertifying your VCP6-DCV.

Shbagautdinov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

scott28tt, Thank you!

0 Kudos