VMware Cloud Community
phillbl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VRA 7 deployments and machines

hi,

we have just deployed VRA 7.2 and we are now testing deploying machines etc.  When we destroy a machine it is removed from the machines view but an entry is still listed for the machine under deployments.  When a machine is destroyed should that entry be removed form the deployments section.

if not can it be done?  this is the first section a user sees when they login to VRA and look at what machines they have.  for a start i would say the menu is the wrong way around and can be confusing for a user.

cheers

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jhague
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi phillbl- are you destroying the machine from the machines menu (on the Items tab)? If you do it from the deployments menu it will delete it from both places. If there are other components associated with the deployment - like other VMs or network components - they will still remain. Unless you select the top level deployment and destroy that...

John Hague http://linkedin.com/in/john-hague | twitter @jhague10 VCIX-DCV | VCP-DCV 3/4/5/6 | VCP6-NV | VCP7-CMA | VCAP7-CMA Design
0 Kudos
phillbl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi,

thanks for responding, the machine was destroyed from the Deployments section (in items) but i am still left with name and then when i expand that i see the networking components.  I have another machine now and in actions i have the destroy option but not on the old machine name listed below it.

In machines i see just the one machine

thanks

0 Kudos