VMware Horizon Community
LJMCP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Local User Profiles File and Folders RunOnce Issue

Environment consists of Horizon RDS farm utilizing local user profiles.  UEM 9.1.

We wish to upload an application customization file (xml) the first time a user logs into the farm.  UEM would then export any additional customizations made by the user and import those settings when user logs in again to same or different RDS host.

I've created the Files and Folders specification to upload the file to the user's local profile on the RDS server and it uploads the file to each RDS host in the farm on first login.

I do see procedure outlined here to modify the runOnce attribute - Run Once option behave differently in combination with a Local User Profile (2146336) | VMware KB

When I open the Immidio Flex Profiles Configuration.xml file, I do not see the runOnce attribute currently set anywhere.   I have saved my settings.   What am I missing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HartmutEhl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

sounds like you talk about the configuration file that is used by the console.

the procedure is for the special XML that is generated for the user environment action.

so if you have a xyz specification in Files and Folders,  a ...\FlexRepository\Settings\File\xyz.XML is generated.

imho this one should contain runOnce="1" runOnceSpecial="1"

hth

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
HartmutEhl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

sounds like you talk about the configuration file that is used by the console.

the procedure is for the special XML that is generated for the user environment action.

so if you have a xyz specification in Files and Folders,  a ...\FlexRepository\Settings\File\xyz.XML is generated.

imho this one should contain runOnce="1" runOnceSpecial="1"

hth

0 Kudos