VMware Cloud Community
eranrh
Contributor
Contributor

not receiving smtp alerts from VROps

Hi All,

I have set fresh installation of vRops everything seems to be working except the outgoing Email notification.

I followed by in order to set the outbound settings :

vbulosity: VMware vROps - vROps Self-Monitoring Alerts and Notificationshttps://notesfrommwhite.net/2015/01/03/configuring-outbound-smtp-on-vrealize-operations-v6/

and the test email was successful .

i am not getting any email alerts to my email. i have check the SMTP 25 port and  its open on FW (test by telnet command)

how can i get this work? there is any SMTP logs that i can look into?

Thanks,

Eran

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ooajala
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What do you have set in your Email notification?

--
*** If you like my response, please click "Like" below, if you think I answered your question to the best of my abilities, please mark post as Correct Answer ***

3x vROps Environments implemented across my organization. VDI vROPs 8.4 ::: Epic vROPs 8.4 ::: Shared vROPs 7.0
vROPs Adapters in use: EpicCare & Horizon View Adapter 2.1
0 Kudos
NTimperio
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same situation new install configured everything as you've done however in my case my old server with the same exact smtp settings worked. I had to rebuild it because one of the adapter was corrupt and nothing VMware tried worked. I also have a case open at this time, them asked that I run the following command via the vCenter vrops console: tcpdump -nni any host (10.xyz SMTP server) -w -| strings -n 6       Next send a few test messages I always do 3 then Ctrl C and see if there is a packet count or errors. I'll post an update if we get this figured out, fyi on my vrops 3 test outputted to 17 packets no errors. We have another vRops server set up on the same SMTP server and it is working fine.

0 Kudos