VMware Cloud Community
NuzVRO
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Reset internal database or purge endpointconfiguration service items

Hi,

I have been experimenting with creating a plugin and using the IEndpointConfigurationService to persist information like username, password and objects. But I think I have now saved data that will not deserialize properly and thus gives error when I use the api. Is there any way to reset the database in VRO or remove the data in the VRO storage where the endpointconfigurationservice saves it stuff?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Endpoint configurations are stored as vRO resource elements.

So you need to launch vRO client, switch from Run to Design perspective using the dropdown on the top, select Resources tab in the panel on the left (it's the third tab counting from left to right), and expand the tree looking for your plug-in's resources - usually they are under Library > [pluginname] > Configuration. Once you find your plug-in's configuration folder, delete all resource elements and sub-folders there, and restart vRO service.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Endpoint configurations are stored as vRO resource elements.

So you need to launch vRO client, switch from Run to Design perspective using the dropdown on the top, select Resources tab in the panel on the left (it's the third tab counting from left to right), and expand the tree looking for your plug-in's resources - usually they are under Library > [pluginname] > Configuration. Once you find your plug-in's configuration folder, delete all resource elements and sub-folders there, and restart vRO service.

0 Kudos
NuzVRO
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks that worked.

0 Kudos