VMware Horizon Community
Nadh58
Contributor
Contributor

Volume attached Failed.!!

Hey All,

I have setup my home lab (App Volumes and UEM ). For this lab, I have downloaded app volumes and uem evaluation versions and configured on windows 2012 Server. Here is the problem on my Provision machine after I have created Appstack and provisioned to my provision machine on Windows 2012 Server as I couldn't able to see any activity (supposed to be one popup window comes to desktop ). I have found the Volume attach failed and Access is denied error logs on Event Viewer.

Capture.JPG

I've done the following:

• The capture VM is powered on before starting.
  • The logged on user can authenticate and write to the SMB share
  • Completely rebuilt the capture machine
  • Restarted all components

Thanks for your advance,

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Please check if you have local administrator rights on the provisioning machine.

Also, make sure the provisioning machine should not have antivirus agents, VMware Horizon with View agent, or any other filter driver applications installed or enabled.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Or just don't use Appvolumes 3.0. It seems as if you are testing with 3.0, am I right?

If you do want to test try and use 2.12.

0 Kudos
Nadh58
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks you for prompt response.

yes, I have used administrator rights.

I didn't had any antivirus agents, Horizon with view agent or any driver applications as it had only App volumes agent on provisioning machine.

I forgot to tell you tell one thing, my provisioning machine is windows 7 Professional SP1 with all least updates.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Could you also confirm the version of App Volumes please.

0 Kudos
Nadh58
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Ray for your reply.

I am pretty sure that I can only download App Volumes 2.12 Evaluation (VMware_App_Volumes_v212_121516_Eva). Like I said, this is for my home lab and am new VMware products.

Is there any way to get AppVolumes 3.0 evaluation?

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Have you used the same provisioning VM before for creating AppStacks? If yes, the VM should be set back to the clean snapshot before provisioning a new AppStack.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Also, please look into the App Volumes user guide under the section "Configure VHD In-Guest Storage" in page 28.

http://pubs.vmware.com/appvolumes-212/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/App-Volumes-User-Guide.pdf

0 Kudos
Nadh58
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the App Volumes version:VMware_App_Volumes_v212_121516_Eva

0 Kudos
Nadh58
Contributor
Contributor

I think I have missed that. let me try that and will let you know asap.

0 Kudos