VMware Communities
suraj1010
Contributor
Contributor

Please help me "Workstation 11 error"

VMware Workstation unrecoverable error: (vcpu-0)

vcpu-0:VERIFY vmcore/vmm/main/cpuid.c:382 bugNr=1036521

A log file is available in "C:\Users\Suraj1010\Documents\Virtual Machines\Debian 7.x (2)\vmware.log".

You can request support.  To collect data to submit to VMware support, choose "Collect Support Data" from the Help menu.

You can also run the "vm-support" script in the Workstation folder directly.

We will respond on the basis of your support entitlement.

I as a student trying to load kali linux on my virtual machine,but this error mesaage pops up always i try to turn it power on.Please help me.

My laptop is HP Pavilion 15 au111tx (Y4F74PA)

My laptop has windows 10,trying to install Kali Linux on VMware 11.

Please HelpSmiley Sad.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

please attach the mentioned vmware.log file to a reply post.

Also please ensure that Virtualization Technology (VT-x) is enabled in the host's BIOS.

André

0 Kudos
suraj1010
Contributor
Contributor

attaching log file as below.

and VT is enabled....

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

According to the log file, VT-x doesn't seem to be detected. I can't unfortunately tell you whether this is caused by e.g. a missing BIOS setting, an issue with reporting the setting to the operating system, or even an incompatibility with the CPU generation and WS11. 

What you may try is to double-check that "VT-x" as well as "No-Execute (NX/XD)" are both enabled in the BIOS. Note that changing such settings may require a complete power-cycle (a simple reboot may not be sufficient) in order for the settings to take affect.

After that check whether the vmware.log reports s.th. like MSR 0x3a = 0x5 (it's currently 0x40001), and MONITOR MODE: allowed modes: BT32 HV HWMMU

You may also try to run the Intel® Processor Identification Utility to see what it reports.

André

0 Kudos
suraj1010
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Andre,it worked everything is working fine,Thanks again.Smiley HappySmiley Happy

0 Kudos