VMware {code} Community
Basve
Contributor
Contributor

Having issues with converting managed VM to Hosted

So i'm using the c# example as a starting point. I changed the .properties file so it matches my settings like this:

operation#0=Convert

; Source info

source.type=Managed ; Valid values: Physical, Managed, Hosted, HyperV

; Managed source

source.managed.address=192.168.1.230; Source ESX or vCenter server name or IP, e.g 10.0.0.2

source.managed.thumbprint=D4:B9:8F:7F:A5:53:88:5E:6E:A4:B5:97:06:5A:03:F1:A1:91:5A:E4

source.managed.username=user

source.managed.password=pass

source.managed.vm=vm-583; Use the VM MoId as can be seen in MOB, e.g. 'vm-5'

; Target info

target.type=Hosted ; Valid values: Managed, Hosted. Needed for Conversion operation only

; Hosted target

target.hosted.directory=\\192.168.1.100\VirtualMachines\Test\; Target directory, usually network path, e.g. \\10.0.0.5\Shared

target.hosted.networkusername=user

target.hosted.networkpassword=pass

; Target VM configuration

vmtocreate.name=VmName

vmtocreate.vcpu=1

vmtocreate.corespersocket=1

vmtocreate.memory=2048

the rest of the settings is the same as the example.

So I can connect to the converter server. but when i try to submit the job : ConverterServerConversionConversionJobInfo jobInfo = _converterServer.SubmitJob(jobSpec); I get the following error:

Connected to the converter server

Executing operation 'Convert' from properties file '.\V2P.properties'

Failed to execute operation 'Convert' from file '.\V2P.properties'

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: A specified parameter was not correct:

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at ConverterApi.ConverterService.ConverterServerConversionManagerCreateJob(ManagedObjectReference _this, ConverterServerConversionConversionJobSpec spec, Obj

ect extraInfo)

at ConverterSamples.ConverterConnection.SubmitJob(ConverterServerConversionConversionJobSpec jobSpec) in C:\VIT\Converter\cs\SubmitWinP2VJob\ConverterConnection.cs:line 291

at ConverterSamples.ConverterOperation.Convert() in C:\VIT\Converter\cs\SubmitWinP2VJob\ConverterOperation.cs:line 646

at ConverterSamples.ConverterOperation.Execute() in C:\VIT\Converter\cs\SubmitWinP2VJob\ConverterOperation.cs:line 191

I just can't figure out how to fix this

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kumarsenthild
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Friend,

Not sure if this will help you. Can you add Get Default opeartion in properies file.

e.g

operation#0=GetDefaults

operation#1=Convert

operation#1=GetDefaults
operation#2=Convert
Regards Senthil Kumar D
0 Kudos