VMware Communities
mexicantroll
Contributor
Contributor

Engine error when launching CS:GO in VM

Everytime I try to launch the Steam game CS:GO in the windows 8 virtual machine I set up with virtual box, I get the following error:

Your graphics hardware does not support all features (CSM) needed to run this game.

Device info:

Marked unsupported: 0

Supports PCF sampling: 0

Driver Name: "Microsoft Basic Render Driver"

Vendor ID: 0x1414,

Device ID: 0x008c DriverHigh: 0x00060003, DriverLow: 0x25804407

DXLevel 95, MinDXSupportLevel: 90, MaxDXSupportLevel: 95

My host graphics card is GeForce GTX750Ti 2GB GDDR5 so it shouldn't be a problem. Is there maybe a way to give the VM access to the card? I appreciate all help and suggestions, thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

So, what VMware product are you using, exactly?  All you mention is you created your guest with VirtualBox.

What is the host OS?  What VMware product and version?  And did you install the VMware Tools in the guest (and remove any VirtualBox additions/extensions, since those drivers would not be present in a VMware VM)?

0 Kudos
relevanze
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't found a diffrent post in your forum, but i tired the same with vmware player v14

and host system windows ser 2012 r2 standard.

If you tell me i might also try a vmware with win7. But i guess the problem is sth diffrent.

But it would have beend helpfull to clearify what the massage

Your grphics hardware does not support all features (CSM) needed to run this game

Should mean .

A general directX failure looks diffrent.

And the answer to play with two people and one pc is not supported would have been the better answer

0 Kudos