VMware Cloud Community
cc1983SG
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to open PSC(Platform Service Controller) VM

Hi guys

I am new to vmware.  I have an issue with opening PSC Platform Service Controller VM in vsan.  The Error msg is unable to find DC3PWINPSC01_1.vmdk.  please refer to the  attached screenshots.  i really appreciate your help.  Thank youUntitledvm(3).jpgUntitledvm.jpg

5 Replies
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert

Provisioned space showing blank here is step.

Do the storage vmotion on other data store

2. Remove vm from inventory and register it

3. then power on

4. then check you would be able to see provisioned space and would able to disk bat cat command

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
cc1983SG
Contributor
Contributor

Untitledvm(4).jpg

But the screenshot shows there is a file called DC3PVWINPSC01_1.vmdk.  the file type is file instead of virtual disk@@

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Greetings!

Please try Storage vMotion and try to power on the VM. If it doesn't work, please don't try anything to avoid any further complications and engage VMware Support.

Cheers!

-Shivam

0 Kudos
cc1983SG
Contributor
Contributor

@

hi guys

i already engaged vmware support.  they checked and replied that i need to restore or redeploy as the DOM Tool is unable to find the DOM object. we dont have a backup of the PSC vm. if we redeploy the psc and vcenter, we need to re configure everything such as distributed switch, port group, DRS, etc.   Is there a way to retain all the existing configuration?  Sry about it. i am quite new to vm. 

0 Kudos
cc1983SG
Contributor
Contributor

hi guys

i already engaged vmware support.  they checked and replied that i need to restore or redeploy as the DOM Tool is unable to find the DOM object. we dont have a backup of the PSC vm. if we redeploy the psc and vcenter, we need to re configure everything such as distributed switch, port group, DRS, etc.   Is there a way to retain all the existing configuration?  Sry about it. i am quite new to vm.

0 Kudos