Jump to solution

Host Cannot see USB3 devices, but can see USB2, Windows 10 Workstation 10.0.8

Setup:

VMware Workstation 10.0.8

Windows 10 64-bit

TASK : Trying to attach a USB3 deivce via USB3 port

Area:

VM-->Removable Devices-->Sandisk Cruzer

Via a USB 2.0 hub I can see the Sandisk Cruzer (USB3 Stick) when the hub is plugged in to the USB3 port.

When I directly plug the Sandisk Cruzer (usb3 device) in to the USB3 port it does not show up in  VM-->Removable Devices--> area..

Any ideas?

I do have "USB Controller" in the Guest config and selecting "2.0" or "3.0" compatible dose not change the situation.

Rob

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

VMware Workstation 10 is not supported on Microsoft Windows 10.

So while you might be able to get to work, it is anybodies guess on to why it does not work now.

See also:

Supported host operating systems for VMware Workstation (2088579) | VMware KB

You need at least VMware Workstation 12 in order to have support for Windows 10.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

VMware Workstation 10 is not supported on Microsoft Windows 10.

So while you might be able to get to work, it is anybodies guess on to why it does not work now.

See also:

Supported host operating systems for VMware Workstation (2088579) | VMware KB

You need at least VMware Workstation 12 in order to have support for Windows 10.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
LinuxRob
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for pointing that out. It would seem Workstation 10 & windows 10 is out of spec.

Per

https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?deviceCategory=software

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos