VMware Communities
KyleHulton
Contributor
Contributor

DX11 Support? Plans?

Hello all,

As the title suggests, does VMware have any plans to support DX11?

Some of the big games now that I use VMware primarily for are starting to drop DX9 or DX9e(x) support. Newer games are also coming out without DX9 support.

I know I can Bootcamp and I know some games are available via Asypr, and Steam is very good at making cross-play a thing. But there are some games, out there that have dropped Mac support and are dropping XP support, Dropping DX9 support. It just seems like they are focusing on Vista + Above, and the VM Guests that cannot handle DX11 are being left behind.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

It is VMware policy not to comment on future features or policies, so there won't be an official answer unless marketing decides different (which usually it does not).

You can rest assured that they are working on DX11 support, but it is anybodies guess on how far they are from being able to have DX11 on the list as supported.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

And if it'll have the particular features/functions needed to play a game.  Not all DX10 games work.

0 Kudos
rmengelers
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All,

I'm a developer and use E-prime to make Cognitive task.

But E-prime is not running because of not DX11.

It would be nice if not only for gaming but also for developing purpose DirectX11 would be come the standaard.

Best regards,

rmengelers

0 Kudos