VMware Communities
SuperbowlCommer
Contributor
Contributor

[Help] Errors Trying To Install VMware Player/Workstation on Win10 HP Laptop (pictures)

error_screen_0.pngerror_screen_1.pngerror_screen_2.png

In the SECOND image, you can see at the top, I have a panic... I don't know why as this is my first attempt trying to install a VirtualMachine.

I used a youtube tutorial, and followed EVERY step (except the Processors I could only use 2)... Youtube Tutorial Link

And in the THIRD image, you can see that is says, "Mac OS version: Not yet set .... WHAT..?

It points to the file inside the folder... file name is: macOS 10.12 Sierra Final.vmdk

So why is it not recognizing it..?

Here is the vmware.log: fqrwstg3qredgvqewrdfgv3qr - Pastebin.com

And here is the macOS 10.12 Sierra Final.vmx: dcgbwtru57er7ytbg54wyh6r - Pastebin.com

Any and all help from those who might know how I can solve this please..? I really need to get MACOS on my Windows10 laptop for school...

It's cheaper than buying a MAC. Thanks.

Message was edited by: Wila - Removed Youtube link

0 Kudos
3 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hello,

Welcome at the VMware communities forum.

Unfortunately Apple does not allow you to run a virtual macOS or OS X on non-Apple branded hardware.

Since this violates Apple's EULA (and as such the VMware Community Terms of Use), any issues you have with trying to run macOS or OS X using VMware Workstation or VMware Workstation Player cannot be discussed at this forum.

You'll need to have apple hardware and use a product like VMware Fusion or VMware ESXi and run a virtual copy of macOS / OS X on that in order for us to be able to help you.

Hope you understand,

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
SuperbowlCommer
Contributor
Contributor

No I don't understand.

Then why even make it possible to use VMware Workstation / Player to run a copy of MacOS Sierra Final 10.12 in the VM environment..?

You can look all day and find thousands of videos of people using MacOS using your VMware programs on WINDOWS machines... but yet you are telling me that it is NOT possible to do so..?

This makes no sense to me, please clarify if it is NOT possible to do... then how are there literally thousands of people doing it..?

EDIT: If I had a dang MAC computer then I wouldn't need to use VMware programs hence your programs would be useless to me.

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Then why even make it possible to use VMware Workstation / Player to run a copy of MacOS Sierra Final 10.12 in the VM environment..?

VMware (the company) does NOT make it possible!  External programmers/hackers have made it possible!!

You can look all day and find thousands of videos of people using MacOS using your VMware programs on WINDOWS machines... but yet you are telling me that it is NOT possible to do so..?

This makes no sense to me, please clarify if it is NOT possible to do... then how are there literally thousands of people doing it..?

We are not saying that it is not possible.  We are saying:

1. It is illegal - a violation of APPLE's licensing. 
  2. Therefore VMware will not do it, and we here at VMware's official communities cannot and will not help you to do it.

What you are asking is like someone who has pirated Microsoft Windows, or Office, or any other of their software, and asking on their forums for help with your cracked/pirated version of their software!  Do you really expect that someone there would help you?  Or would you rather expect them to send the "software police" to fine you for your illegal activities?

0 Kudos