VMware Cloud Community
DanielVaknin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

After adding an AD group to vROps, it doesn't show its' members

Hi all!

We recently tried to add a few groups from Active Directory to vROps to give permissions to its' users (Access Control -> User Groups).

After adding the groups there, for some reason, we don't see the members of the group at the bottom of the page.

For the old groups it's working and we can login with the users.

But when trying to add any new group, it won't show the members in it, and as part of it, they won't be able to connect to vROps.

Does someone know the reason for this issue?

Thanks!

5 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

I had the same fault. Take a look at Faulty AD Source

DanielVaknin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So are you saying that it's like a "bug" and the only fix is to recreate the data source?

Because we can't do this since there are a lot of permissions associated with it...

Is there any other solution?

Or maybe which log can I look for, to see if the data source is trying to add the group and failing to add its' members?

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

vmware spent 4 months looking at this and could not see any errors in any of the logs. When i created a new source with the same info the new source worked. I am in the process of recreating the permissions on all the dashboards

DanielVaknin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you very much for this info!

But it sounds very bad.. I hope that someone can find a different solution than this workaround, since deleting the source must be our last resort.

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

It was a strange one. I had two separate vrops instances and they both stopped working on the same day. Check to see when the last time it synced. in my case it was 6 months ago. But the other strange thing is all the passwords resets synced ok.

0 Kudos