VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

VcPlugin.getAllVirtualMachines(null, "xpath:name='" + vmName + "'") jxpath expression {} does not evaluate to boolean after upgrading vSphere plugin to 6.5.0.4658893

VcPlugin.getAllVirtualMachines(null, "xpath:name='" + vmName + "'")

generating this error jxpath expression {} does not evaluate to boolean

after upgrading vSphere plugin to 6.5.0.4658893

Worked with the version that shipped with the 7.2 appliance but this newer plugin is listed on the appliance download page... Can someone confirm this bug and make a tech preview with a fix available or let me know what I might need to modify in my code?  I'm off to scour the docs to see if the syntax has changed.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

OK... I think I figured it out... needed to escape the single quotes.  I had 3 other xpath expressions that I needed to modify as well that had been working before.  Some of them were contains statements where I was using the variable and the syntax that passes the variable in when you use a period.  I had to modify those a bit to instead read contains(name,'sometext') where before it was name[contains(.,'sometext')]... anyway its allworking now with these expressions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

OK... I think I figured it out... needed to escape the single quotes.  I had 3 other xpath expressions that I needed to modify as well that had been working before.  Some of them were contains statements where I was using the variable and the syntax that passes the variable in when you use a period.  I had to modify those a bit to instead read contains(name,'sometext') where before it was name[contains(.,'sometext')]... anyway its allworking now with these expressions.

0 Kudos