VMware Edu & Cert Community
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

VCP 5 and VCP-DCV (2V0-621)

HI

My VCP5-VDC will expire in Oct 2018. I am planing to take VCP-DCV (2V0-621). Can I take 2V0-621 the exame with out the Foundation exam ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

‌Yes. See path 1 here: VCP6-DCV Certification

That path points you at the delta exam (2V0-621D), but you can also take the regular exam 2V0-621) - passing either before your VCP5-DCV expires will give you VCP6-DCV and renew your VCP5-DCV.

Currently, both those exams are based on vSphere 6.0, there are 6.5 versions in development that will have different codes, but that won't change the requirements talked about here - it just means you should prepare yourself for the correct version exam when the time comes to take it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

‌Yes. See path 1 here: VCP6-DCV Certification

That path points you at the delta exam (2V0-621D), but you can also take the regular exam 2V0-621) - passing either before your VCP5-DCV expires will give you VCP6-DCV and renew your VCP5-DCV.

Currently, both those exams are based on vSphere 6.0, there are 6.5 versions in development that will have different codes, but that won't change the requirements talked about here - it just means you should prepare yourself for the correct version exam when the time comes to take it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thank you Scott,

Is these rules for VCP5.1 and VCP 5.5 ?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

There is no VCP 5.1 or VCP 5.5, nor was there a VCP 5.0 - only VCP5-DCV.

So, yes.