VMware Edu & Cert Community
Silverstorm
Contributor
Contributor

VCP requirements

So once you have done the VMware 6 Install Configure and Manage course, you can then do the foundation exam Then there is the Data Center Virtualization exam. Do you need to go on another course in order to do this exam or not? I thought there was another course you had to do, but unless I'm reading the requirements wrong then you don't?

Would have thought the Optimize  course would have been useful. I know of course that these courses don't cover everything and there is a lot more reading and working with Vsphere before you take any of these exams.

Just need a bit of clarification, thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

‌VCP6-DCV has a minimum training requirement of 1 course - so ICM, Optimize & Scale, or others.

Each of the 2 exams you'll have to take haa recommended training:

vSphere Foundations = vSphere ICM

VCP6-DCV = vSphere Optimize & Scale

You could take both courses and do both exams, but you don't have to - 1 course and the 2 exams will suffice.

Check the requirements here: VCP6-DCV Certification

Follow the links on that page for the 2 exams and you'll see the course alignment I mentioned above.

But, whichever courses you take, you'll need to know more for the exams - you can review the objectives of each exam.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos