VMware Cloud Community
romatlo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The VR management server is not powered on, or does not have a valid IP address.

Hello folks,

I am configuring my first test of SRM (evaluation mode) between two sites (same network).

Everything going great until after I deployed my first vSphere replication VM.  The VM deploys and the Reconfigure the VR Appliance link lights up, but I get an error when clicking on it.

VR1.jpg

I checked the console of the VR VM and unable to login with the root password I had set during the deployment configuration.

Anyone have any suggestions?

VR2.jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
romatlo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I found this related community post and looks promising but I am unable to login using the root password I set during the VR appliance deployment wizard!

VDP fsck failed.

I also upgrade SRM to 5.5.1, makes no difference.

Anyone else run into this problem?

0 Kudos
romatlo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Progress.  This test is meant to use local datastores only (for now).  I happen to have a SSD drive installed and mounted as a (secondary) local datastore.  I just deployed the SRM VR VM to it and booted up no problem!  What the?

0 Kudos
romatlo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I finally got this going by deploying the VR VMs to a secondary local datastore (250GB SSD drive).  I was able to then create inventory mapping, recovery plan, and run a test failover and cleanup successfully.

I don't know why I am unable to deploy to my first main local datastore, plenty of space.

No responses to this thread, will close it out.