VMware {code} Community
MisterOzzy
Contributor
Contributor

VDDK 6.5 cannot connect with 'nbdssl'

Hello!

I have follow error when try to connect to ESXi 6/6.5 with 'nbdssl' mode:

Originator@6876 sub=Default] Cannot use advanced transport modes for 10.10.66.147/moref=2/2-snapshot-25: Other error encountered: Object not found: Vmomi::VersionMapImpl::GetOrCreateVersion: versionName = ¸\x16„¶û\x7f.

VixDiskLib: VixDiskLib_ConnectEx: Advanced transport modes not available for opening moref=2. (Cannot use advanced transport modes for 10.10.66.147/moref=2/2-snapshot-25: Other error encountered: Object not found: Vmomi::VersionMapImpl::GetOrCreateVersion: versionName = ¸ „¶û.)

As the result connection open in 'nbd' mode.

I use vddk 6.5, in version 6.0.0 is not happening. 

VixDiskLib: VixDiskLib_ConnectEx: Advanced transport modes not available for opening moref=2. (Cannot use advanced transport modes for 10.10.66.147/moref=2/2-snapshot-25: Other error encountered: Object not found: Vmomi::VersionMapImpl::GetOrCreateVersion: versionName = ¸ „¶û.)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jen_Stevesen
Contributor
Contributor

Probably too late, but - as a guess, it looks like the vimApiVer field of the VixDiskLibConnectParams is not correctly initialized. I'm not sure exactly when these fields were added (V6.0.1 I think), but I suggest you try setting the nfcHostPort to zero and the vimApiVer field to null prior to calling the connectEx method.

0 Kudos