VMware Cloud Community
Akopylov
Commander
Commander

Plugin is not listed in web client

Hello there.

vCneter 5.5u3, vShield Manager 5.4.4.

I want to remove vShield Manager from my infrastructure, so I decide to delete Manager`s vm and remove the plug-in. But i`be faced the strange thing: vShield plug-in is present in viclient:

vliclivshield.png

and it is present in mob:

mob.png

but there is no such icon in web client:

webcli.png

However, there is a "vShield Manager" in "vCenter Solutions Manager", but the status is unknown:

unknown.png

Could it be due to endpoint removal from the hosts? I do not use web client usually, so I`m pretty confused now.

If I click "VShield" in desktop viclient, I get redirected on vShield Manager interface, but if I click "vShield Manager" in web client I get only few emty tabs. Is it normal?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Akopylov
Commander
Commander

Well, it seems that "unknown" status is OK according to this conversation vShield Manager Extension: status Unknown

Can anyone tell me something about:

If I click "VShield" in desktop viclient, I get redirected on vShield Manager interface, but if I click "vShield Manager" in web client I get only few emty tabs. Is it normal?

0 Kudos
RAJ_RAJ
Expert
Expert

Hi ,

Did you remove the esxi hosts from vShield manager first ?

you have to remove that first then disable or remove the plugin  same on vceter

if you have already delete the vshield manger then you have remove the packages and related data from esxi and vcenter .

RAJESH RADHAKRISHNAN VCA -DCV/WM/Cloud,VCP 5 - DCV/DT/CLOUD, ,VCP6-DCV, EMCISA,EMCSA,MCTS,MCPS,BCFA https://ae.linkedin.com/in/rajesh-radhakrishnan-76269335 Mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answered your query!
0 Kudos