0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2016 1:52 AM by liuqiong

How to install the appliance packages via the VMware studio

liuqiong Lurker

Hi all:

I want to build the new virtual appliance based on cents os 7 and I want to install our software and VMware SDK on the new virtual appliance.

II checked the VMware studio user manual and I found the description about how to install the application software.

I should create the RPM package, then copy the new RPM package to the path "/opt/vmware/www/ISV/appliancePackages"

So the application software will be installed after the first boost

creatrpm1.png

creatrpm2.png

Our application software format is *.tar.gz, I will get two folders  “Linux” and “InstallerData” after unzip the *.tar.gz

Then I go to the path “Linux”, run the command “./setup_console.bin” to launch the installation, according  to the prompt to complete the installation steps by steps.

I should even enter the license during the installation

I have no idea about how to build the RPM package, maybe I can modify the “control.spec” file, and add the commands just as “cd Linux” and “./setup_console.bin”??

for example, edit the control.spec,add the below lines :

%pre

cd Linux

/setup_console.bin

By the way, And How to solve the issue for entering the license manually?

The VMware SDK format is *.tar.gz, I will get the folder "vmware-vsphere-cli-distrib" after unzip the *.tar.gz

Then I go to the path vmware-vsphere-cli-distrib, run the command "./vmware-install.pl"

Maybe I can modify the “control.spec” file, and add the commands just as “cd vmware-vsphere-cli-distrib” and “./vmware-install.pl"??

for example, edit the control.spec,add the below lines:

%pre

cd vmware-vsphere-cli-distrib

./vmware-install.pl

Or should I put the software to the VMware studio path "/opt" and edit the script in the "Application Post-Install Script"?

for example:

cd /opt/vmware-vsphere-cli-distrib

./vmware-install.pl

postinstall.png