VMware Horizon Community
CraigH1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

People losing connection when connection server goes down

Just wondering, when using PCoIP in direct mode (ie not using the secure gateway), my understanding was the connection server was used for initial authentication only and after that the connection server played no part in the session. However today I rebooted the server and everybody lost their connection. It's only a proof-of-concept. Is this some misconfiguration or deliberate security behaviour and to be expected.

thanks

Craig.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
moto316
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You probably forgot to uncheck "use secure tunnel connection to machine" and "use pcoip secure gateway for pcoip connections to the machine" options under the connection server settings.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
moto316
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You probably forgot to uncheck "use secure tunnel connection to machine" and "use pcoip secure gateway for pcoip connections to the machine" options under the connection server settings.

0 Kudos
CraigH1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi moto316.

use pcoip secure gateway for pcoip connections to the machine is not ticked.

Use secure tunnel connection to machine is ticked, however the help on this item says "This setting enables a secure tunnel on this Connection Server instance and its paired security servers. When the setting is enabled, View Clients connect to desktops through the secure tunnel, which carries RDP and other data over HTTPS. PCoIP and Blast connections use separate secure gateways. In general, check all secure gateway settings, or check none." Since this is an internal connection and the connection server in question isn't paired to a security server it would seem to me it shouldn't apply. We also aren't using RDP only PCoIP, although their term "and other data" is interesting.

thanks

0 Kudos
CraigH1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I turned off the top tick box for rd "and other data" and quick testing indicates this has fixed the problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos