VMware Cloud Community
Samarth94
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to Configure vCenter in vRealize Orchestrator 7.1

Hi,

I am trying to configure vCenter in VRO 7.1.0.4262825 version but its failing with some certificate error.

Error in (Workflow:Import a certificate from URL with certificate alias / Validate (item1)#12758) TypeError: Cannot find function getCertificateAuthorities in object DynamicWrapper (Instance) : [_Config]-[class com.vmware.o11n.plugins.configurator.model.PluginInventory] -- VALUE : com.vmware.o11n.plugins.configurator.model.PluginInventory@80dbcf25.

Tried to add vCenter 5.1, vCenter 5.5,vCenter 6.0. But faced same issue.

Attached logs and screen shot.

Please let me know if there is a way to resolve this problem.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
msk05
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Looks like the vCenter plugin in vRO unable to find the function "getcertificateauthorities". Believe you are using vCenter appliance, can you check the vCenter plugin compatibility in VRO?

What kind of certificate used for vCenter appliance?

0 Kudos
dvatov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Looks like Configurator plug in is older then the required by vCenter plugin. Can you post the full versions of both plugins.

0 Kudos
Samarth94
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Attached screen shot which shows the full versions of pluggins. Please let me know if any additional details required.

Also I was able to configure vcenter in VRO version 7.0 and 7.0.1 successfully.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

The function getCertificateAuthorities was removed in vRO 7.1.0, so the problem is why there is a workflow still trying to use it.

Could you check which version of the workflow Import a certificate from URL with certificate alias do you have?

Also, is this a clean deployment of vRO 7.1.0 or an upgrade from earlier vRO version?

0 Kudos
Samarth94
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Version of "Import a certificate from URL with certificate alias" workflow is 1.0.3.

Attached screen shot for the same.

And I did fresh deployment of VRO 7.1.0.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In my vRO 7.1.0 setup, the version of this workflow is 2.0.0, and it doesn't contain calls to getCertificateAuthorities.

So you somehow ended with an old copy of this workflow. Could you post the content of the file /etc/vco/app-server/plugins/_VSOPluginInstallationVersion.xml ?

0 Kudos
Samarth94
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Attached  /etc/vco/app-server/plugins/_VSOPluginInstallationVersion.xml file.

Please find attachment. Let me know if any additional details required. 

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Mine looks the same, except that I don't have EMC ViPR Plugin.

Is it possible that EMC ViPR Plugin includes the older 1.0.3 version of Import a certificate from URL with certificate alias workflow? Could you check what's included in its package in vRO client packages view?

Also, could you go vRO Control Center > Troubleshooting page, and then click on Force plug-ins reinstall? Before that, you need to stop vRO server, and start it again after plug-ins are reinstalled.

0 Kudos
DanieleUlrich
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We encountered a similar issue after upgrading from vRA 7.0.1 to vRA 7.1.

[E] (com.vmware.library.vcac.initialconfiguration/validateVcServerConnection) Error in (Dynamic Script Module name : validateVcServerConnection#5)

TypeError: Cannot find function getCertificateAuthorities in object DynamicWrapper (Instance) : [_Config]-[class com.vmware.o11n.plugins.configurator.model.PluginInventory] -- VALUE : com.vmware.o11n.plugins.configurator.model.PluginInventory@80dbcf25.

We found that the action com.vmware.library.vcac.initialconfiguration.validateVcServerConnection had a reference to a non supported Method getCertificateAutorities().

So we exported the package from a fresh install of 7.1 and reimported it on the upgraded 7.1. First it did not show up properly, after having implemented a copy of the action, it was there...maybe a rebuild of the package would help.

btw: we had other issues: after configuring the NSX/vRA integration, the original "vSphere Initial Setup" workflow did not run anymore.

We had to patch it with some additional try/catch blocks...

0 Kudos