VMware Edu & Cert Community
Michael_Rudloff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCAP6-CMA Deploy (3V0-633) - Anyone taken this one yet and got his result ?

When I google VCAP6-CMA Deploy experience, only my own blog shows up so I wonder if there is actually anyone out there who sat it as well.

I am just curious if VMware is able to keep to the 10 days of scoring required as I haven't heard or seen any successful candidate yet ?

I sat mine 10 days ago and haven't heard a beep (although only 6 business days).

___ My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com
0 Kudos
2 Replies
timothyzapetis
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Michael, I recently received my badges for passing the VCAP6-CMA Deploy along with the VCAP6-CMA Design. Not sure why they released a VCIX for NSX but not for CMA/vRA but I should have that now too. Mine is probably not the usual experience for these but;

I took this way back in Feb and the Design in March. I provided a boatload of feedback on the test but I have no idea what made it in to the final release. NDA and all that, but I can say the version I took would have been very difficult if vRA is not something you use on a daily basis. A buddy of mine took it at the same time and got hung up on one question that I had blown through because we interpreted the ask differently. It was trickier than the VCAP-DCV in my mind because the vRA time sinks can literally eat your whole exam if you get stuck. There were several that I called it "close enough" on and cycled back to later when I finished, including one that I had an AHA moment when rereading and realized what I'd done wrong. There were probably others I missed. I had a blast taking this one, it was a good experience.

Design is another story. The lab system architectural tools were clunky at best which is a common complaint for the VCAP Design tests. I studied a TON for this. I was also frustrated with work at the time, and last minute I had flown out for an interview instead of studying, got back way late the night before, and woke up running late to get to the testing center. Once I got into it I realized a lot of the studying/prep I geared toward the part I felt the weakest on was actually way deeper than what they were looking for. Ran into stupid issues with the labs and had to completely redo multiple design questions (some multiple times). Eventually got so tired/burnt out/frustrated that I was like "I'm not passing this", rushed the non design questions, and finished the entire exam in just over an hour. :smileyplain: This is not a good sign. I tried to go back over it because I felt like I had done so bad, and every thing I reviewed made me feel worse. So after another 30 minutes I threw the towel in. I was not feeling good about this one at all, so I was very surprised to see I passed this once they released the exam. I also killed the interview and got a new job so I can't complain too much. :smileylaugh:

Next I plan on tackling the VCDX-CMA. It's still not entirely clear to me if I need to take the VCP6-CMA before that (I had started my VCAP CMA track before they changed the VCP requirements) or not.

0 Kudos
Michael_Rudloff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In terms of the Design exam - I had my own issues with that :

http://open902.com/vcap6-cma-design-what-a-shambles/

After that I was tempted to never sit one ever again. Either way - I got this one now ..

Now in terms of the Deploy, I must say I was shocked how old the version of the exam is, given it was JUST released.

I think the exam was on 6.2.4 - and 6.2 will be end of life end of next year. But I agree - time management is important. I got caught up on a few questions where a setting just didn't work. Like you close a car door but the light just doesn't go off even though it should. So I was sitting there for ages and essentially run out of time.

I am not sure how many questions i missed or partially missed  - probably around 9 or so .. Not sure how long it should take to get my result, but the 10 working days will pass this week. So fingers crossed (also doing that for the VCDX-CMA pre-req)

___ My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com
0 Kudos