Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

how VR keep instance per day

Dear All

Hi

my RPO is 15min

i have a question about point in time instance

i understand this from point in time  (instance that when i set keep 3 instance per day for the last 7 days )

it can just save 3 snapshot every day is that means if i start first synch on 07:00 the next sync is on 07:15 and finally is on 07:30 ?

or

1-do it  synch continuesly every 15 min from 07:00 untill 00:00 finally just keep 3 last snapshots ?

2 - is that mean when do 4th synch this snapshot will replaced with first snapshot ?

BR

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Here are a couple of examples:

- If you are retaining 24 in a 1 day period, it will have 24 “slots” for retention in that day.  It will keep the most up to date instance for each 1 hour slot.  If you have a 15 minute RPO you will have 96 slots, but it will keep only 24 of them.  So it will retain the most up to date replica *roughly* every 4 replicas.

- If you have say a retention of 6 in a 1 day period, then you have 4 “slots” per day.  It will retain the most up to date replica every 6 hours.  If you have a 15 minute RPO it will retain roughly every 24th replica.

The oldest snapshot will be discarded to retain the newest and stay under the 24 snapshot limit.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Here are a couple of examples:

- If you are retaining 24 in a 1 day period, it will have 24 “slots” for retention in that day.  It will keep the most up to date instance for each 1 hour slot.  If you have a 15 minute RPO you will have 96 slots, but it will keep only 24 of them.  So it will retain the most up to date replica *roughly* every 4 replicas.

- If you have say a retention of 6 in a 1 day period, then you have 4 “slots” per day.  It will retain the most up to date replica every 6 hours.  If you have a 15 minute RPO it will retain roughly every 24th replica.

The oldest snapshot will be discarded to retain the newest and stay under the 24 snapshot limit.