VMware Cloud Community
jvillanuevamtz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Usage Meter 3.5, vRealize Operations

Hello;

I have installed Usage Meter 3.5, add the VCenter, Usage Meter collected a few times and suddenly stop and in the "Monitor" area in failures the following text appear:

"Please complete the configuration of the XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX. vRealize Operations server on the Manage Page Products Tab"

Thing is that I dont have this product, I had it a few years ago in trail mode just to try it out but delete both VM's (Analytics and UI) when the license expired, one of the solutions I have came across is that you have to put the credentials of the vRealize, but I don't really remember them and since they're no longer exist what is it good for?

One partial solution I found out, it's to delete the VCenter from it and add it again, but the message remains, in the version 3.3 there's the option of "Show inactive", but not anymore in the 3.5 version.

Is there a way to delete the association?, because I think VCenter kept the vRealize Operations info and Usage Meter thinks I still have it

Thanks in advance...

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
msk05
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

Here are the steps you can follow to remove a previously decommissioned vCOPs/vROPs server from Usage meter.

1.     Make sure that the vCOPs/vROPs server is no longer registered with vCenter

2. Delete the vCenter instance from Usage metermanage-> product page

3. Add the vCenter instance back

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
msk05
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

Here are the steps you can follow to remove a previously decommissioned vCOPs/vROPs server from Usage meter.

1.     Make sure that the vCOPs/vROPs server is no longer registered with vCenter

2. Delete the vCenter instance from Usage metermanage-> product page

3. Add the vCenter instance back

0 Kudos
jvillanuevamtz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you very much, so far so good since I made your suggestion, the vRealize Operation Manager no longer appear in the inventory and the collections are executing correctly

0 Kudos