VMware Cloud Community
ebgloria
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Adding vCenter Server Instance: error java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi all,

I am encountering exception error: java.lang.NullPointerException while adding vCenter Server Instance (via workflow).

Anyone have any tips of how to solve this problem ?

Configuration:

vRealize Orchestrator 6.0.3 (appliance)

vCenter 5.5.0

Thanks in advance,

e

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
msk05
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

vRO 6.0.3 is only compatible with web client 6.0.0 and 6.0 U1. Though you add the vCenter instance successfully it will not show the vRO node in web client. I would re commend you to go with either of the supported version to available in web client.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
msk05
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

vRO 6.0.3 is only compatible with web client 6.0.0 and 6.0 U1. Though you add the vCenter instance successfully it will not show the vRO node in web client. I would re commend you to go with either of the supported version to available in web client.

0 Kudos
ebgloria
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi msk05,

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure what i am missing, I am adding the vCenter Server instance via workflow and i keep on getting the exception error.

vco_err.JPG

0 Kudos
ebgloria
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I also have checked with the VMware Compatibility Matrix and both vCenter 5.5 and vRO 6.0.3 are compatible

0 Kudos
msk05
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Click on the variable tab to see the reason for failure or check the server.log under /var/log/vmware/vco/app-server/. I agree vCenter is compatible but not the web client.

0 Kudos
ebgloria
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Nothing in the variables tab but the exception: java.lang.NullPointerException.

0 Kudos
msk05
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Check the server.log for more details. And did you check the web client compatibility using the VMware interoperability matrix VMware Product Interoperability Matrixes ?

0 Kudos