VMware Communities
Kuro_Kendo
Contributor
Contributor

Couple Issues

Hi, we got an upcoming assignment for next week and we are required to install the latest version of vmware workstation pro to work inclass with it.

Since I don't have a laptop we can also use an external hard drive. So I promptly installed the vmware on my external drive, booted it up and created the first step before installing an operating system. Next comes the issues I'm having.

1 - Whenever I close vmware, I can't safely remove the external drive because somehow there's multiple processes running in task manager even after closing it. I have to manually end task every time to be able to safely remove it.

2 - This is the biggest issue of all and I REALLY need to find a solution on.

At home on this specific pc I'm typing this discussion, when I plug the external drive the vmware launches without issues; However, if I use any other pc (My brother's or even school pcs) I get a weird error, the window to input a license key or try trial shows up. If I try to choose trial and include my email I get an error saying I don't have permission or something like that.

So that's the issue. I can't open the vmware at school and I really really really need it next tuesday for the assignment.

Please, if anyone know what the hell is wrong please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jpsider
Expert
Expert

‌ssadly the license is tied to the PC you install the software on, not the external drive. In order to safely remove, ensure the workstation process is terminated.

0 Kudos