VMware Cloud Community
bgrabik
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problem with connecting any esxi stanalone server to VSAN 6.5 via iSCSI

Hi,

could any one know why i can't connect ESXi Serwer (5.X and 6.X) to vSAN cluster via iSCSI. I have error on 5.X like in attachment but on 6.X i don't see even targets.

BTW. On Windows Server it's work.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
elerium
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I don't think VSAN iSCSI supports ESXi hosts as a target based on this info:

What's new in Virtual SAN 6.5 - CormacHogan.com

2. iSCSI Support

VSAN 6.5 now has new functionality to create iSCSI targets and LUNs on a VSAN cluster, and present these LUNs outside of VSAN for other use cases. This could be a useful feature if you have excessive capacity on your VSAN cluster and wish to have it consumed outside of the cluster. Be aware that there are a number of limits and supportability considerations with regards to how you can utilize this new feature. For example, you will not be able to present these iSCSI LUNs to ESXi hosts. I strongly urge you to refer to the official documentation, and check out what you can, and more importantly, what you cannot do with these iSCSI LUNs before putting them into production.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
elerium
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I don't think VSAN iSCSI supports ESXi hosts as a target based on this info:

What's new in Virtual SAN 6.5 - CormacHogan.com

2. iSCSI Support

VSAN 6.5 now has new functionality to create iSCSI targets and LUNs on a VSAN cluster, and present these LUNs outside of VSAN for other use cases. This could be a useful feature if you have excessive capacity on your VSAN cluster and wish to have it consumed outside of the cluster. Be aware that there are a number of limits and supportability considerations with regards to how you can utilize this new feature. For example, you will not be able to present these iSCSI LUNs to ESXi hosts. I strongly urge you to refer to the official documentation, and check out what you can, and more importantly, what you cannot do with these iSCSI LUNs before putting them into production.

0 Kudos