VMware {code} Community
AlexBrullo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

problem installing VMWare Converter Agent on the source p2v machine via SDK Java sample

Hi everybody

I'm, new to the Converter SDK. I successfully compiled the java sample and created a customized submitwinp2vjob.properties file.

My problem is that Converter Server can't install the agent on the source machine:

Executing operation 'QuerySource' from properties file 'submitwinp2vjob.properties'

Failed to execute operation 'QuerySource' from file 'submitwinp2vjob.properties'

null

AxisFault

faultCode: ServerFaultCode

faultSubcode:

faultString: Unable to access the remote Converter agent service. It either does not exist or is not responding.

faultActor:

faultNode:

faultDetail:

{urn:converter}ConverterNoRemoteAgentFault:<name>SOURCECOMPUTERNAME</name>

Unable to access the remote Converter agent service. It either does not exist or is not responding

The only reference to the agent setup is the following row, blank by default:

source.physical.agentport=9089 ; Won't try to install agent if empty. Usual value: 9089

From the note I understand that it should be enough to put the usual value to install the agent on the remote source machine, but it just throw the error I reported.

For debugging reasons I tried to put some random values as the port number, but if I nestat -n the server I can see always the same try (SYN_SENT) to 9089 port, even if I specified a different port.

What am I doing wrong?

Tx

Alex

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlexBrullo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

UPDATE - I pre-installed the converter agent on the source machine and I succeeded in p2ving the source machine (the script exited with a timeout error, but the job finished ), but I don't like this way.

So I limited the job operations list to CONVERT only in the .properties input file, this makes the job try to install converter agent on the source machine. Of course it fails with a generic error 🙂 at first glance it seems to be related to an authentication failure (multidomain environment, unexpected behaviour, wrong user).

.properties template:

; Operation. Valid values: Convert, Reconfig, Synchronize, QuerySource, GetDefaults, List
operation#0=QuerySource
operation#1=Convert

I changed it in:

; Operation. Valid values: Convert, Reconfig, Synchronize, QuerySource, GetDefaults, List
operation#0=Convert

I go on trying, but the original question (why it does not even try to install the agent?) is solved.

Alex

operation#0=Query

Source
operation#1=Convert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlexBrullo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

UPDATE - I pre-installed the converter agent on the source machine and I succeeded in p2ving the source machine (the script exited with a timeout error, but the job finished ), but I don't like this way.

So I limited the job operations list to CONVERT only in the .properties input file, this makes the job try to install converter agent on the source machine. Of course it fails with a generic error 🙂 at first glance it seems to be related to an authentication failure (multidomain environment, unexpected behaviour, wrong user).

.properties template:

operation#0=QuerySource
operation#1=Convert

I changed it in:

operation#0=Convert

I go on trying, but the original question (why it does not even try to install the agent?) is solved.

Alex

operation#0=Query

Source
operation#1=Convert
0 Kudos