VMware Cloud Community
mike-p
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCSA 6.5 Pre-upgrade check phase 2 fails Source host is not reachable on address

I run a lab on a nested ESXi6.0 host and try to upgrade a VCSA6.0 to 6.5.

The 1. phase has been completed but the pre-upgrade check phase 2 fails with this message:

Source host is not reachable on address 192.168.15.45

Verify that the source host address is correctly typed.
For this lab i don't use DNS. All components are adressed via ip.
I can reach the source host via c# client and ssh2. All other components are reachable too.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pradeepjigalur
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Mike,

Ensure the source vcsa and the newly deployed appliance belong to same network. (for ex: source vcsa may belong to 'VM Network' and newly deployed appliance may belong to 'VM Network 2' then newly deployed appliance can't talk to the legacy.)

if above is the case change the network of the newly deployed appliance to the network of legacy appliance by

1.logging to ESXi/VC

2.Right click on the newly deployed appliance vm.

3.go to edit settings->select network adapter then set the network label to the betwork label of old applaince.

and one more thing in error "Source host is not reachable on address"

here souce host is not esxi  host its source vcsa 60

regards,

Pradeep

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pradeepjigalur
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Mike,

Ensure the source vcsa and the newly deployed appliance belong to same network. (for ex: source vcsa may belong to 'VM Network' and newly deployed appliance may belong to 'VM Network 2' then newly deployed appliance can't talk to the legacy.)

if above is the case change the network of the newly deployed appliance to the network of legacy appliance by

1.logging to ESXi/VC

2.Right click on the newly deployed appliance vm.

3.go to edit settings->select network adapter then set the network label to the betwork label of old applaince.

and one more thing in error "Source host is not reachable on address"

here souce host is not esxi  host its source vcsa 60

regards,

Pradeep

0 Kudos
mike-p
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No, the vcsa's are in the same network but the vmk of esxi host which contains both is in another ip range. The workstation which starts the upgrade is in this network too.

0 Kudos
mike-p
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I added a second vmk to the same vswitch where the vm's are connected and it works.

The source & destination hosts have to be in the same net as the source & destination vcsa 's.

Thanks & Regards

Mike

0 Kudos