VMware Cloud Community
ChevUribe
Expert
Expert

LUNs not detected in SRM

When I am trying to create protection groups, when I try to associate the LUNs to be protected; it is not found in the SRM.

But the LUNs is perfectly visible via vsphere or web client.

Storage is VMAX3

SRA is version 6

Does re installing the array manager will resolve this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Check Array Based Replication > Manage > Array Pairs.

Is the LUN showing there?

Try running Discover Devices - does it show now or is there an error?

It doesn't matter if LUN shows in vSphere / Datastores view. What's important is that the LUN shows on this screen. This is where the storage replication layer shares information (via the SRA) about what LUNs/Datastores are being replicated, and therefore whether they can be used in Protection Groups.

0 Kudos
ChevUribe
Expert
Expert

3.JPG

7.JPG8.JPG6.JPG2.JPG

SRA are detected as okay even with discover devices mode.

Based from the screen images with Texas as example, it is detected in datastore view but not in SRM.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The important thing to check is at Array Based Replication > Manage > Array Pairs

In the list of replicating devices, does the datastore show up? If not, the storage replication layer is not reporting the device to SRM. Like I mentioned, this is where SRM finds out if datastores are available to be added to protection groups.

0 Kudos
ChevUribe
Expert
Expert

Based from the web client view, the same datastores are not appearing in both PROD and DR array managers.

Does it mean we need to re-install SRA or do a new discovery in SRA

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I would say this has to be either:

a) Some problem in the storage replication layer - verify that this LUN is actually replicating correctly, or have your storage admin look into it.

or

b) As you say, some issue with the SRA itself - in which case re-scan or re-install can sometimes help.

0 Kudos