VMware Edu & Cert Community
martinrennix
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

As an existing VCP5, can I do the full VCP6 exam instead of the delta to re-certify?

Quick question, as an existing VCP5, can I do the full VCP6 exam (2V0-621) instead of the delta exam to recertify? On the VMware site it says the path for re-certifying an existing VCP5 is to do the delta exam. However I would prefer to do the normal full exam instead.

Cheers!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes you can take either 621 or 621D - the advantage of 621D is fewer questions, but 621 will include things you're familiar with from vSphere 5 too.

I've heard of others doing this (and I'll be taking this option myself).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes you can take either 621 or 621D - the advantage of 621D is fewer questions, but 621 will include things you're familiar with from vSphere 5 too.

I've heard of others doing this (and I'll be taking this option myself).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog