VMware Edu & Cert Community
ankitjainvcp
Contributor
Contributor

vRealize Book

Hi All,

I am currently preparing for VCAP6-DCD exam.  Can anyone please suggest which is the good resource to follow from exam point of view.

Thanks & Regards

Ankit

0 Kudos
10 Replies
sadiq1435
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I use the below study guides.

http://www.vjenner.com/vcap6-dcv-deployment-study-guide/

https://ucconnect.wordpress.com/2016/08/21/vcap6-dcv-deployment-study-guide/

I set up my own lab and worked on it also, you need to try stuff first - then look up how to do it if you get stuck.

0 Kudos
ankitjainvcp
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Sadiq,

There are DCV Deployment Links. I need for Datacenter Design Links.

Thanks

Ankit

0 Kudos
sadiq1435
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Ankit

I am sorry i got confused . Pls find below the link for all study resources of Design Exam .

https://vthing.wordpress.com/2016/03/21/vcap6-dcv-design-study-resources/

And the Blueprint .

VCAP6-DCV Design – Download Blueprint – vMusketeers

Regards

Sadiq

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I'm confused by what you're asking for - the thread title mentions vRealize, but you ask about VCAP6-DCD and there's no certification of that name.

There's VCAP6-DCV Design which centres around vSphere, or VCAP6-CMA Design which will test you mostly on vRealize Automation - is it one of these certifications are you actually doing, or something else?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ankitjainvcp
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Scott,

As per the blue print of  DCD Exam it may include questions on vRealize Solution. So i want to have full understanding of it before attempting the exam.

Thanks & Regards

Ankit

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

So you're taking the exam for VCAP6-DCV Design right? (As I mentioned, there is no such thing as "DCD" in the latest version certifications)

I'm still confused, given that there's no mention of vRealize anywhere in the exam objectives for that exam.

You need to be clear which exam you're taking, to make sure you get the correct help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
ankitjainvcp
Contributor
Contributor

Yes Scott you are correct. Can you please guide me which is a good book for vRealize ?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

But as in my previous reply, there's no mention of any of the vRealize products in the objectives for the VCAP6-DCV Design exam - so I still don't see the connection between you preparing for that exam, and wanting to read up on the vRealize products.

This would be ver different if you were preparing for one of the CMA exams, such as VCAP6-CMA Design, but not the DCV series.

0 Kudos
ankitjainvcp
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott,

I had an exam blue print which was publish in December 2015 there it was mentioned that vRealize will be a part of design exam that is why i was asking. Now its no more required so i will later look at it now.

On a second note can you please guide me the best way to attempt Design questions in the exam ? or how to prepare it with perfection ?

Thanks & Regards

Ankit

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The final exam was released on July 21st 2016, so that blueprint you had should be ignored - the objectives here are what you need.

A quick Google search took me to this page, written for the beta exam - there's some good notes about the exam experience (for the beta version) with a follow-up page of study resources too.

0 Kudos