VMware Communities
ssSFrankSss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to properly set VMWare workstation pro for running multiple Operating systems at the same time?

I want to run four Windows 10 operating systems with VMWare. What is the best way to configure? They will be run on Intel NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK with 32GB ram and an SSD. On virtual machines I am going to run only one simple program with some SQL queries. Then I am going to connect to it through remote desktop from PDAs. Virtual machines should be run simultaneously.

Is it better to install linux in NUC and then run 4 OS with VMWare. How to assign CPU and memory?

I appreciate your time!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sadiq1435
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi franks

You need to install first VMware ESXi Serer and then usning Vsphere Client you can create 4 virtual machines and while creating the VMs you cna select the amount of CPU and Memory you want to assign to each VM  . You can modify the CPU and Memory later after installation if you like to but you need to restart the VM .VMs will be running simultaenously . Just assign enough memory for hte ESXi Server like around 4 GB and the remaining memory you can divide amoong the 4 VMS .

ESXi is a hypervisor built on top of Linux . So you no need to install Linux Sepertely .

0 Kudos
ssSFrankSss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for pointing me to a direction. Because I am new to this I would like to tell you what I have found in order to tell me if I have understood well!

So first I need to install VMware ESXi Server. Is this let's say an OS? So rather than installing windows for base OS, I am installing ESXi Server? Is this a good starting video -> How to build your awesome virtualization home lab with VMware vSphere 6.0 (ESXi & vCSA) - YouTube

I appreciate your time,
Frank

0 Kudos