VMware Cloud Community
savagea3112
Contributor
Contributor

vROPs - Report to show new VMs created

Would like to send out a report on a weekly basis showing all new VM creations/deletions over the course of that week.

Possible?

11 Replies
ejward
Expert
Expert

I'm looking for this also.

0 Kudos
Xao70
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't been able to find a way to write that report, I've requested in the past, so hopefully they will add that feature in the next version.  However, if you go in "Administration -> Inventory Explorer" and expand Recently added objects, you can see newly added objects for Last 1 Day, Last 7 Day, Last 10 Days, Last 30 Days.

Can't export the list and doesn't show you what's been deleted, but it at least gives you an idea on what objects have been added to your environment up to the last 30 Days.

0 Kudos
MichaelRyom
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Don't think there's a way to do it. Log Inisght can, do it and you could set it up to send you and email every week.

Blogging at https://MichaelRyom.dk
0 Kudos
Lost_Steak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would like to see this reporting in vROPS as well. But in the mean time could you elaborate how to get that information out of Log Insight?

0 Kudos
lannguyen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The following guide will show you how to add it to a dashboard.  Although you can add any dashboard to a report, I was not able to successfully get it to display the same way.

vROPS 6 – How to view latest Virtual Machines created in vCenter | VM IGNITE

Personal blog VMignite.com
0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

This looks like the creation time of the vm object within vrops and not the creation time of the vm from deployment. In our environment we deployed vrops long after the first Vms were created (at least 4 years after) When running the link it only showed the VMs creation date as when we deployed vrops so most of our vms were created on the 31st may. Just something to be aware of.

lannguyen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Good point sxnxr, that dashboard is only for latest VMs only which is what most people want in general.  To get a report out of it, they unfortunately have to take a screenshot for now.

Here is download site for those who just want to download the Latest VMs Created Dashboard

[Download] – vROPS Latest VMs Created Dashboard | VM IGNITE

Personal blog VMignite.com
0 Kudos
gautamparkash
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

followed the same step, but  only time is showing, please help me how the date and time both will come.

and any idea to get the data for deleted VM as well

0 Kudos
gautamparkash
Contributor
Contributor

only time is showing, i need the date as well, please help

0 Kudos
gautamparkash
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

my dash board is ready showing VM information but date is not showing, only time is showing

below screen shot is for your reference. please help, we have to publish dash board.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
wreedMH
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You would think this would be a obvious report they should include in vROPS. I need it also.

0 Kudos