VMware Communities
Aurann
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fusion doesn't work with OSX Sierra ?

Hi,

Since OSX Sierra update, my Vmware Fusion (professionnel edition in 8.5.0) with Windows 10 BootCamp doesn't work. It's normally ?

I've this error message (in French, sorry):

" La configuration de votre disque virtuel Boot Camp est obsolète.

Pour créer une nouvelle machine virtuelle Boot Camp, choisissez Fichier > Nouveau et sélectionnez "Plus d'options" puis "Installer à partir de Boot Camp".

Échec de l'activation du module 'Disk'.

Échec du démarrage de la machine virtuelle."

"Your Boot Camp virtual disk configuration is outdated

To Create a new Boot Camp virtual machin, choose Folder > New and select "More Options" and "Boot Camp Install".

Failed to activate module 'disk'.

Failed to start virtual machine."

Have you an idée ?

Think You.

Aurann

Ce message a été modifié par : Aurann

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

From what I have read before with other people experiencing the same issue, the solution is to create a new VM that connects to your bootcamp partition.

So no need to change anything on your bootcamp Windows itself, but instead in the menu go to File -> New -> Other -> Install from Bootcamp partition

You can move your current bootcamp VM to the trash can when that works.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

From what I have read before with other people experiencing the same issue, the solution is to create a new VM that connects to your bootcamp partition.

So no need to change anything on your bootcamp Windows itself, but instead in the menu go to File -> New -> Other -> Install from Bootcamp partition

You can move your current bootcamp VM to the trash can when that works.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Aurann
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Will,

I've try : File -> New -> Install from Boot Camp -> Create a BootCamp virtual machine

I've this error message :

"Échec du prétraitement du volume Boot Camp.

Vous ne pourrez pas démarrer votre volume Boot Camp en tant que machine virtuelle."

"Failure of pretreatment BootCamp volume.
You can not start your Boot Camp volume as a virtual machine"

But ... it's work !

Think you !

Aurann

0 Kudos